This campaign is to place ships that are not as famous as some into the light. As we know a class of ships will take it’s name from the first ship built of that class and that ship will garner a great deal of accolades and the other ships will be over looked. This campaign is about all of those sister ships that don’t gather as much interest. Many kits are made to depict the name sake of the class but with a little creative paint, scratch building, and PE we can make the sisters of the class with no problem. So mates get those reference photo’s printed, clear off some space on the bench, and lets do the sister ships proud and bring some light to them.
The Rules and Regs
1. Any sister ship can be built from any Navy of the world. Please no fictional or “what if” builds. I’m looking for real sister ships so we can bring some light to these forgotten ladies.
2. Builds can be stand alone or in a diorama depicting any scene you would like as long as a “sister ship” is in the build or diorama.
3. Any skill level is invited to participate and the builds can be straight out of the box or complete scratch build or any where in-between.
4. At lest one build must be complete to receive credit for the campaign but multiple entries are always welcome. Also you may not start the build until the start of the campaign.
5. In progress photos are encouraged so we can drool over your builds.
6. This will be a learning experience for many if not all so ask the questions and I can assure you of an answer from one of us in the campaign.
7. Most important rule…..Build for fun!
There will be a ribbon awarded for a successful campaign. This campaign will be a little different than others here at MSW, at the completion of the campaign there will be a vote from the participants on the best build (ship only, dioramas are welcomed but we will vote on the ship only) and the winner of that vote will receive an armed kit of your choice from the Battlefleet Models Catalog (thanks Harry).