An attack helicopter is a military helicopter with the primary role of an attack aircraft, with the capability of engaging targets on the ground, such as enemy infantry and armored vehicles. Due to their heavy armament they are sometimes called helicopter gunships.
Weapons used on attack helicopters can include autocannons, machine-guns, rockets, and guided missiles such as the Hellfire. Many attack helicopters are also capable of carrying air to air missiles, though mostly for purposes of self-defense. Today's attack helicopter has two main roles: first, to provide direct and accurate close air support for ground troops, and the second, in the anti-tank role to destroy enemy armor concentrations. Attack helicopters are also used to supplement lighter helicopters in the armed scout role.
The Rules and Regs
1) Any Heli Gunship, from any era and any nationality.
2) no starting before the campaign and the model should be done at the end of the campaign.
3) Build logs and lots of posting are encouraged.
4) Stand alone or Dio's allowed.
5) Entries cannot be used for more than 1 campaign.
6) Work in Progress Pics must be posted in the Official Campaign thread...
7) At least 2 Clear Pictures of the finished model must be posted in the Official Campaign Gallery to be awarded the Campaign Ribbon
8) all scales are welcome.
9) and last but not least enjoy yourself.
Only one award to be awarded per entrant. Each entrant may complete as many kits as they wish within the time-scale but only one ribbon will be awarded