With the invention of the torpedo a vessel had to be developed to deliver it. These were often small, fast boats designed to get in close and retire fast. As WWII went on, many of these boats were converted to fast gun boats to attack smaller enemy shipping. This is a campaign for Torpedo Boats and their close relatives. Build a torpedo boat, motor torpedo boat, motor gun boat, etc.
The Rules and Regs
1. Any scale, any era, any modeling medium (for those wooden, etc. ship types out there), any nationality.
2. Must be some sort of Motor Torpedo/Gun boat including field or factory conversions. Can be anything designated as a “torpedo boat”, but no “torpedo boat destroyers”.
3. The model must be of an actual, historic vessel. No what-ifs or unbuilt designs.
4. Model can be up to 10% started (for those like me who take a stab at starting something then put it away to start something else. I’m running out of completely unstarted kits in my collection!)
5. Model can be stand alone or in a diorama, with or without crew.
6. OOB, detailed, super-detailed, with or without aftermarket; all OK.
7. Eight months to complete the campaign.
8. Enter as many times as you like but only one ribbon per modeler.
9. Must post some in-progress shots to the campaign thread and must post at least one photo of the finished project to the campaign gallery to get a ribbon.
10. Learn something about these fascinating boats and have fun!
A ribbon will be awarded to everyone who enters, finishes a kit, and follows the above rules.