The genius of Aleksander Yakovlev has resulted in many fine aircraft in the service of the Motherland and abroad. From the UT-1 trainer to the Yak-130, Yakovlev aircraft have proudly flown for nearly 80 years. From trainers to fighters, helicopters, airliners, and aerobatic champions, Yakovlev has built them all. The first jet fighter to wear the red star was a Yak. Yakovlev produced the only supersonic V/STOL fighter to fly, and continues to develop innovative aircraft to this day.
The Rules and Regs
1) Your kit must portray any aircraft which wore (or wears) the Yakovlev name.
2) Any scale, any era, any Yakovlev subject, any Nationality;
3) Aftermarket parts, conversions and AMS permitted;
4) The kit decals or aftermarket markings are allowed. “What if” markings may also be used;
5) Build as many kits as you wish, but only 1 ribbon will be awarded per person;
6) No starting before the campaign and the model should be finished before the end of the campaign.
7) Minimum of 2 progress shots in the official campaign thread plus minimum of one shot of the completed build in the campaign gallery;
8) The finished shots for the gallery must be taken against a plain background. They will be used in a feature article so the background should not distract from your model. Show off your work, not your cluttered workbench ;)
9) Dioramas welcome but not required;
10) Entries cannot be used for more than 1 campaign.
11) Most importantly have fun, enjoy your build, and share your progress with us all.
Only one award to be awarded per entrant. Each entrant may complete as many kits as they wish within the time-scale but only one ribbon will be awarded