The Great Patriotic War began on June 22, 1941 and it started badly for the Soviet Air Force (VVS), which was decimated by the battle hardened Luftwaffe. This turned out to be something of a blessing in disguise as, out of the ashes of the pre-war air force a newer, more modern arm arose dedicated to close cooperation with the army that soon rocked the Germans back on their heels. This campaign is dedicated to honoring the Red Air Force, the Soviet Phoenix that emerged from the destruction of 1941 to take the war to the enemy and grind him down.
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be an aircraft from the Soviet Air Force or Naval Aviation from 1936-1945.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale or aircraft that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!