The China-Burma-India Theater in WWII is often described as The Forgotten War. Waged in forbidding terrain against a ruthless enemy, this war frequently devolved into commando actions with hit-and-run tactics. Arial activity was vital as often the ground combatants could only be inserted, supplied, and withdrawn by air, not to mention attacking the other side. British, American, Indian, and Chinese forces battled the Japanese in a no-holds-barred slug fest under primitive conditions that were hell on man and machine. This campaign is dedicated to honoring the air forces engaged in the CBI Theater, from the Marco Polo Bridge incident in 1937 to the Japanese surrender in 1945.
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry must be an aircraft engaged in the China-Burma-India theater from 1937-1945, of any nationality.
2. No what-ifs.
3. Any scale or aircraft that fits into rule 1.
4. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
5. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon.
6. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
7. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
8. Oh yeah, have fun!