Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 04:01 AM UTC
Trudging through the sleet and snow to enter a competition is not required with this one; a figure contest finally lands on Armorama and is open to all comers. Inside this report you will find the rules and regulations and where to send your entries.
Armorama and its staff look forward to seeing your entries,
Armorama now has support from four top notch resin figure producers in the market today for this new competition, each of the producers listed below in alphabetical order will supply a prize for each of the 6 competitions held over the course of the first year.
As these companies have kindly offered to support the competition we will be accepting entries for the first of these competitions up until the end of May 2014 and voting will be open from the 1st June to 15th June 2014.
Here are the rules for this figure contest.
1. The figures that are eligible must fit into the time period of WW1 to the current day.
2. The entry can consist of a single figure or a small group such as a tank crew.
3. The figures are the important aspect of the competition but we are obviously aware that interaction with a vehicle will often be the case. Because of this the members who vote will be asked to vote for the figure/s that they feel are the best.
4. We will require at least 8 pictures of the figure or figures which can be stand alone, a vignette, on/in a vehicle or as a part of a diorama. The voting members will be asked to vote on the figures and not the situation they are in.
5. Of the at least 8 pictures sent in one must be identified as the one you wish used for voting purposes and as long as that picture meets the criteria it will be used.
6. Due to an issue that occurred with the Dragon Model of the month, we will require one image of the figure/s with a piece of paper with your name and the date on it in addition to the at least 8 requested already.
7. Each member of the network will be entitled to vote once for the entry they feel is the best of the bunch.
8. The winners of the competition will not be eligible to enter the following competition, but after that can enter again.
9. Figure/s entries/entered must fall between the scales of 1/76th and 1/16th.
10. Members who are going to enter the competition are encouraged to blog their progress; however any member found to be garnering votes will be disqualified from further participation in the competition. To clarify this further posts along the lines of ôVote for my figure hereö; you get the idea.
11. While Armorama deals with primarily the armoured aspect of the hobby by its very nature, this competition will also be open to figures of sailors, airmen and civilians.
12. Entrants will need to provide the following information;
Site Call sign:
Region: (if any)
We have tried very hard to keep the rules as minimal as possible; however I am sure you all understand the need for some rules to be in place.
Due to the broad spectrum of interests the prizes will be awarded as follows;
The person who gets the most votes will get to choose two of the four figures/ figure sets sent in.
The second place entrant will get the choice of one of the remaining two prizes.
The third place entrant will receive the remaining figure or figure set.
Please E-mail your entries to email@example.com
THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 23,422 TIMES.