by: Stephen T. Lawson [ ]
Originally published on:
,h6>the reviewThis set is designed for Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet model by Meng Models.
It has 10 micro-textile straps and 13 photoetch pieces.
it is made using micro-textile sheeting, metallic buckles.
The straps are Micro-textiles which is printed and behaves like a tight weave fabric.
Set contains seat belts for 1 single-seater aircraft.
Micro-textile parts are can be coated in super glue after placement - it leads to darkening shades and these are also waterproofed and easy to assemble. But you must be deliberate with their construction.
The cardboard insert in the set makes an excellent cutting board.
Sets are about 229 Kč = 11.01 USD.
1. Take the precut textile part out of the sheet.
2. Remove supporting paper.
3. Crumple the belt into a little ball and knead it between the fingers.
4. Thread the belts through the buckles – use superglue.
5. Put the belts into the seat.
6. Spray by the glossy varnish.
8. Spray by matt varnish.
7. Saturate the belts with very wash of colour(mix of black and brown) – it will highlight the texture and shadows.
conclusionI have used the WWI aviation subjects of the HGW Micro-textile belts in some of my builds and can report very pleasing results.
I want to thank Martin Bobek for the review sample.
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on AEROSCALE
Highs: The usual HGW fine standard of detail.
Lows: Finished product images on the website would be a plus.
Verdict: Value and detail are evident in this newest HGW set.
Copyright ©2019 text by Stephen T. Lawson [ ]. All rights reserved.
|What's Your Opinion?|