The latest edition of Militär Fahrzeug magazine (4/2015) has a bumper-crop of interesting subjects. Following the usual glossy A4 format, there are 56 pages of mixed text and photos – but you’d better brush up on your German since unlike earlier issues there is no English translation. Subjects covered include:
• Schlüsselübergabe Schützenpanzer PUMA – three pages on the latest Bundeswehr AFV
• War & Peace Show 2015 – one page on this massive vehicle and re-enactor show in Folkestone, UK
• Verlasteter Panzertransport der Wehrmacht – six pages on early-war German tank transporters
• Canadian Forces G-WAGON – four pages covering the use of the Mercedes light truck by the modern Canadian army
• Militärmuseum Soesterberg – a brief one-page report on this Dutch museum
• Flugabwehrraketenpanzer ROLAND – a glorious eleven pages on the development of the Marder-based anti-aircraft rocket tank, complete with a full set of 1:35 drawn plans
• Panzergrenadiere - Lehrjahre 1956-70 – eight pages on the early Bundeswehr panzer grenadiers
• M1 Abrams Tarnung - Rock of the Marne – two pages looking at the Abrams tank ploughing mines in Germany
• Good Bye British Army - Ende einer Ära – a six-page salute to British armour to mark its removal from occupation duty in Germany
• MCPP-N Norway – six pages looking at the US Marine Corps Prepositioning Program of ship-stored armour in Norway
• Stahlfeldwagen (Teil 2) – a four-page study of German horse-drawn medical wagons in WWII
• Garnisonsschau Jüterborg – report on a preserved vehicles event
The Roland article is the highlight for me. Definitely worth a look before tackling any of the resin kits out there!
Highs: Tons of nifty pictures! Scale plans of the Roland vehicle.Lows: No English translations at all.Verdict: Worth having for the pictures, and more so if you can read German.
Our Thanks to Tankograd Publishing! This item was provided by them for the purpose of having it reviewed on this KitMaker Network site. If you would like your kit, book, or product reviewed, please contact us.