This is the first time I'm doing something like this, so if I make a mistake somewhere, or I'm doing something wrong, let me know!
Ok, the rules:
The Rules and Regs
1. Any armored vehicle, Allied or Axis, that was in action between the Caen - Cherbourg road and the coast between June 6th and June 9th 1944 in any scale will qualify. Any vehicle used to storm the beaches - ex. LCVP, LCM, DUKW - or diorama of the D-Day landings will also be allowed.
2. Markings must be of any of the divisions - US, British, Canadian or German - present at the aforementioned time frame. Wading gear isn't mandatory, but strongly encouraged. The same goes for the Sherman DD, Sherman Crab, Churchill AVRE and other "Funnies" of the 79th Armored Division.
3. If the unit of the model you're building was in Normandy at the time, and it's been know that this unit was equipped with the model you're building, it's assumed that the model you're building qualifies. The model must however have the decals of the qualifying unit.
4. The model must be armored, so no jeeps and trucks or other soft skins.
5. No what ifs. You must be able to document - by quoted text or photos - that the model you're building was present in Normandy between June 6th and June 9th 1944. Research is part of modelling.
6. Models can’t be started before the start date.
7. You must upload at least one photo of the kit box and contents to the campaign thread, so we know what you are going to build.
8. You must upload at least 2 Work in Progress photos to the campaign thread. More photos are strongly encouraged.
9. You must upload at least one photo to the campaign gallery of the completed model.
10. Model is only allowed in one campaign.
@Steph, I would limit it to June 9th, so D +3, this sorts of marks the end of the invasion and the build up of the bridgehead.
@Gary, if you can model it as a Sherman that was in Normandy before June 9th, and you can document it, it would qualify.
@Jeff, I can try, can't I. :-)
@Mike, your AVRE would qualify, since wading gear was dropped before June 9th.
Ok, what do I do next? Submit it as a campaign? Or is there anything else to do?
I think this could be a real fun campaign with as outcome a bunch of historical models.
Edit: Tweaked the rules a bit.