login   |    register
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
1/35 Tamiya Leclerc series 2
blacksad
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Joined: September 07, 2009
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 12:36 PM UTC
Hello !

Did some work on my model. Applied a gloss coat of varnish, decals and did some basic pin washes (still have some cleaning to do). The 120mm shells are nearly done too.



GulfWarrior
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Joined: January 05, 2010
KitMaker: 928 posts
Armorama: 906 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 02:06 PM UTC
Not bad, Tom. Not bad at all!



Removed by original poster on 09/12/19 - 12:11:17 (GMT).
blacksad
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Joined: September 07, 2009
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 07:56 AM UTC
Hello ! My model is basically done ! I need to work on the figures and the diorama next. The ammo is done too. For APFSDS projectiles I used tips cut from needles, as I could have the correct dart length and was also more straight than resin. Since I had a problem with orange peel on my varnish (Didn't used the correct type of thinner) I've gone with a dusted and muddy tank, without going too crazy with it. Pigments were used as well as ak "dark mud" enamel product, mixed with plaster and modified with various pigments, on the tracks and wheels. Speaking of tracks, I managed to paint individually each rubber pads on each tracks 72 links. All to be covered up by mud It was a long a tedious task; some links managed to brake off during installation too. Bronco tracks are good, but the way the pads are glued makes too much room for the glue to move away by capilarity and glue the whole link. Any comments will be welcomed. Happy holidays to you !

The ammo is done :


Orange peel effect :


Finished model; in the end, making the model dirty and dusty was a fun thing to do and I like this look better than if it was too clean.






bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Joined: June 10, 2004
KitMaker: 5,229 posts
Armorama: 5,104 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 21, 2019 - 08:16 AM UTC
Great job on the weathering.

Olivier
blacksad
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Joined: September 07, 2009
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2019 - 12:22 PM UTC
Thank you very much !! Id like to ask you something if I may. On your guide about the tamiya Leclerc, you put a picture of a completed model on the first page. Id like to know who makes the figures used in this diorama ? I made some research and thought they would be azimut or kmt but it seems they are not.

Thanks !
blacksad
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Joined: September 07, 2009
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 - 02:39 PM UTC
Hello

This is where I'm at right now with figure painting. They are all made by blast models. The level of detail is superb, especially on the helmets. I added some goggles and made the straps from masking tape. Next step is weathering/oil shading. Thanks for looking !








bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Joined: June 10, 2004
KitMaker: 5,229 posts
Armorama: 5,104 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2019 - 08:23 PM UTC
Sorry I missed your question. The figures are most likely from Blast Models. Blast released a number of sets when the kit was released. Unfortunately I don't have a reference number but from memory the standing crewmember is a separate reference while the gunner is part of a 3 figure set.

Olivier
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
Joined: August 09, 2002
KitMaker: 1,626 posts
Armorama: 1,551 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 - 04:39 AM UTC
Maybe I missed it but how did you mask the 3 color paint scheme? It turned out very nice..
blacksad
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Joined: September 07, 2009
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 184 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 - 07:35 AM UTC
Roger that Olivier ! It looks like its not a figure that blast carries anymore..

Greg: the camo scheme was done using bluetac and masking tape. Its the first time I have done a camo ! Much like everything else that was done during this project; its my first truly completed model. I only screwed up with the varnish but Im satisfied with the weathering.
TopSmith
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
Joined: August 09, 2002
KitMaker: 1,626 posts
Armorama: 1,551 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2019 - 12:39 PM UTC
I like your use of the bluetac. It turned out well.