Thanks for the positive comments. I didn't take any pics during the painting process, so I just now took a few to show the steps I went through.
My tools. Different widths of Tamiya tape, knife and tweezers.
I started with Tamiya's painting guide.I scanned it and rescaled it to match the size of the model. I use Corel Photopaint Pro X9 for image editing.
Once I had the scale worked out, I printed several copies to use as templates. Here are some of the templates I used.
I then cut a piece of the wide Tamiya tape and placed the template on top. This example is rather messy as I did quickly for this pic. When cutting the actual template, I very carefully traced the pattern.
With a fresh #11 blade, I removed the part I didn't need. and I'm left with the area to be painted rotbrun.
Then carefully place on the model. (not very carefully done in this example). I was a lot more careful when doing the actual masks. BUt, this gives you an idea what I was doing.
Once all the masks for a specific color were applied, I sprayed it. After about 10 minutes, I removed the tape and started on the next color.
Very time consuming, but I'm happy with the results. First time I tried doing this.