1⁄1Modeling a Photograph campaign
The “Modeling a Photograph” campaign did just that – enlistees were asked to find a photo and try to reproduce it with scale models. This meant dioramas for the most part, and produced some excellent work. Running from 6 June 2010 to 6 March 2011, it saw 35 people sign up and 10 actually win the coveted ribbon. There were 206 posts with 158 pictures over seven pages, generating 16,959 views. These members (in alphabetical order) and their models won a ribbon:
- Barkingdigger, with a model of M4 “H-2 Hurricane” being loaded for D-Day in 1:35 made of scrap-box parts from Italeri, Tasca, Tamiya, and AFV Club.
- Curseoftheundead, with a 1:35 Panther.
- eMan, with a VK3002 (MAN) Panther prototype in 1:35 from Cromwell Models.
- HARV, with a 1:35 BMW R75 motorcycle and sidecar from the Tamiya kit.
- Hulkster, with a ditched 1:72 F6F Hellcat plane based on the Revell kit.
- Ltb073, with a 3.7cm PAK35/36 AT gun in 1:35 from Dragon.
- Madmax5510, with a 1:72 Porsche-turret King Tiger as seen freshly delivered in Normandy, from Dragon .
- Mmeier, with a Kettenkrad and 3.7cm AT gun from the classic 1:35 Tamiya kits, based on a photo of restored examples at a show.
- Windysean, with an armoured MUTT full of MPs based on the 1:35 Academy M151A1 and Dragon US Marines.
- Wolfsangel, with a TKS tankette pulling ski troops from a well-known picture, modelled with the 1:35 RPM kit and Tamiya figures with Hornet heads.
Copyright ©2020 by Tom Cromwell . Images and/or videos also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of Armorama, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2011-05-16 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 14439