1⁄48Junior Modeller's Showcase: Fortress III
introductionThe Junior Modeller's Showcase is a new feature for Aeroscale. It allows us to display the work of younger modellers who ordinarily do not get to stand alongside their elder peers and get the recognition and encouragement they deserve. If our hobby is to continue to flourish, we need to encourage the next generation of modellers to put aside the Wii console and apply glue to plastic. What better way to do this than put their models on our front page for all to see?
Featured modellerNick Zourbakis joins us from Attica, Greece, where he has been busily building models for some time now. At the age of 16, Nick discovered the joys of superdetailing and scratchbuilding.
the modelNick applied these techniques to the venerable Revellogram 1/48 B-17 which he converted to an RAF Coastal Command Fortress III. Added details included:
- ● Open the bomb bay hatches, remove the poor detail of the kit, and add new from scratch
- ● Open ALL crew hatches (3 in total) and add details in there
- ● Rescribing ALL panel lines
- ● True Details Set for Cockpit
- ● True Details Set for Waist Gunner position
- ● True Details, main Wheel Set
- ● Eduard Radio compartment
- ● Eduard Flap set
- ● Scratchbuilding some detail in bombardier's section (kit detail here is very good in this place, though)
- ● Scratchbuilt engine detais (wiring)
- ● Some riveting here & there
Copyright ©2019 by Nick Zourbakis. Images and/or videos also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of Armorama, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2012-04-28 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 4617