The SnowAfter a great debate with myself and at the urging of others it was time for my first try at snow. I decided to use baking soda and do a very light dusting of snow. I first sprayed white glue and water in a pump sprayer on all the surfaces to have snow and then sprinkled the baking soda from my fingers. To build up the snow I used repeated applications. The snow was sealed with some hairspray.
DetailsI added some K ration cardboard boxes and a map from St. George Designs, some resin crates donated by Graywolf, the fuel pump from blade48mrd, verlinden barb wire, cigarettes made from toothbrush fibres and smoke from cotton balls. I would like to say thanks to everyone that has donated things for this diorama, for all the tips from my brothers and friends, for everyone that has taken the time to comment on it as it was built. I also like to thank those that simply just took the time to have a look. And finally I would like to thank Armorama for allowing us to gather and to do things such as this article to help and be helped by fellow modelers.
Copyright ©2020 by Kevin Gardner. Images and/or videos also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of Armorama, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2005-07-07 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 31116