This campaign is to pay homage to the various support aircraft that keep armies, navies and air forces worldwide in working order. These support aircraft often work behind the scenes providing valuable and necessary services while remaining unsung heroes.
These aircraft, fixed wing and rotary, include but are not limited too:
# Aerial Refuelling Tankers.
# Passenger Transport.
# Medical Evacuation.
# Training Aircraft.
# Forward Air Control.
# Artillery Spotting.
# Electronic Warfare.
# Search & Rescue.
The aircraft should belong to and be supporting a military service or branch. Therefore civilian aircraft are not eligible for the campaign, except for the following:
# Police Helicopters.
# Coast Guard Helicopters.
Although usually civilian organisations both Police and Coast Guard helicopters perform vastly similar support roles to military aircraft. Also, it can be quite difficult finding a campaign that caters to either type of service and so they'll be welcome here.
Please feel free to drop in suggestions of other support roles that may have been missed, the list is no-where near exhausted. Also, if you have a particular aircraft in mind but you're not sure it fits drop me a line and I'll consider it.
The Rules and Regs
1) Build at least one support aircraft before the closing date.
2) Construction cannot be started until the campaign starts on 1 March 2012.
3) Build logs and lots of posting are encouraged.
4) Stand alone or Dio's allowed.
5) Work in Progress Pics must be posted in the Official Campaign thread.
6) At least 2 Clear Pictures must be posted in the Official Campaign Gallery to be awarded the Campaign Ribbon.
7) All scales are welcome.
8) And last but not least enjoy yourself.