In 1951 the Ford Motor Company was awarded a contract to develop a new vehicle to replace the WWII era MB Jeep and its descendant the M38. The result was the M151 series of ¼ ton utility trucks, designed by Ford and later built by Kaiser, AM General Corporation, and GM. A production contract was awarded in 1960 for over 10,000 units that would be used by all US and many foreign military forces. More commonly referred to as simply a "jeep" or "quarter-ton", The M151 was produced from 1959 through 1982 and served from the Vietnam War throughout the Cold War and beyond.
provides this very nice resin set to add some details to either the Tamiya or Academy M151 jeep kits. Even though it is labeled for an M151A1, this set can be used one either an M151A1 or M151A2 kit. The set adds details that none of the kits have, but all of them need. The first thing that caught my eye on this set is just how complete it is. There are a no less than 24 resin parts, 55 PE pieces, two brass rods, and two rolls of wire in this set.
The parts include:
- 2 front seats with very nicely molded cushions and seat back storage pockets
- 1 rear seat with nice cushion details and rear seat detailed with retention straps and buckles
- 1 A/N VRC-46 Radio with two handmikes and two antenna mounts with PE radio mount and PE antenna mounts
- 1 Crew heater to mount under the passenger side dash
- 3 “T” clips for the hood (1 extra)
- 2 different styles of fuel can mounts with 3 handles for them (1 extra)
- 1 engine intake snorkel with PE mounting hardware
- 1 fire extinguisher in a mount
- 1 resin exhaust extension and 2 PE screens along with mounts for the extended deep fording exhaust for the rear (1 extra screen)
- PE and resin parts for the turn signal lever
- PE gas, brake, and clutch pedals
- There are also various other PE footman loops, tie downs and fittings throughout the vehicle
The myriad of parts are all crisply molded without any bubbles or air holes evident. The casting is top-notch, which is standard with Legends Productions
sets. This set gives you all the fittings and extra parts to really bring your M151 to life. The duplicate parts are also nice in case the builder breaks a few or sacrifices them to the carpet monster along the way. The two types of fuel cans leave open the option for a early M151A1 or a later M151A2 build. The set is very complete and well detailed. The instructions are also very clear and come on a two-sided, glossy, full color page that easily shows how to assemble the clearly labeled parts.
This is a great set that will accent your M151s well. It has everything you need to add to the vehicle. Legends Productions
has another winner in this set. It is perfect for any M151 from any era.