DER MASS:STAB Modellfahrzeug-Magazin
Issue: 3/Juni 2012
Item: 4 205658 065005 03
IntroductionDER MASS:STAB - Herpa's Cars & Truck Model Magazine
is Herpa’s ambassador to the modeling world: an ideal magazine for all hobbyists. You will find lots of interesting information about Herpa and our new releases in this magazine designed for experienced collectors, model builders, and car enthusiasts. Diorama fans will discover intriguing articles as well. Entertaining and exciting stories about the original cars and trucks, and other interesting topics dealing with 1/87 scale models make this magazine a great treat for all Herpa fans
DER MASS:STAB is published six times a year. You can subscribe to it, or buy it from selected news stands in German railway stations, or from hobby shops around the world.
TITELSTORY / COVER STORY
Viva Las Vegas
, the new Scania R 560 new Visa tandem semi. This truck has lavish interior decorum. With a special rolling orange mural of Finnish transport company Valkonen, it is decorated with scenes from across the United States. It won the Nordic Trophy at the Power Truck Show in Finnland. The vehicle also has a small forklift that mounts between the rigid cargo tractor and the larger semitrailer. Herpa releases this sharp vehicle as item 159 705 Scania
NEUHEITEN / NEWS
An amazing collection of new models are showcased in their news section displaying innovations we will be seeing in the future. Heavy duty semis with a variety of specialized trailers, sport limousines, family wagons, sports cars, ambulances, fire trucks, construction trucks, special edition semi tractors and sports cars -- these are just a few of the neat new models in Herpa’s catalogue. Several have been reviewed here at RailRoad Modeling
, such as the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Brabus
, Trabant Kübel NVA Grenztruppen
, and Audi A3.
Herpa also lists models now available in new colors, i.e., Borgward Isabelle Coupe in weinrot/Weiss.
REPORTAGE / REPORTING
UMBAU / CONVERSIONS
I. Trabant 1.1 – Der Chancenlose (Trabant 1.1 – the Gamble ). Six pages featuring a history of the Eastern Bloc Trabant series of personal motorcars: family sedans and stationwagons, military jeeps, and pickup trucks.
II. Windkraft Auf Der Strasse (Wind Power on the Road ). Ter Linden Transport & Craning Company travels Europe with lemon yellow heavy transport vehicles, erecting wind turbines. Six full color pages showcase their fleet with portrait and “in-action” scenes. Included is a table of their equipment.
III. Der LMS – Ein Besonderer Stammtisch ( A Special Master Table), spotlighting a group of master modelers and their custom trucks.
1. Blinken Und Warnen (Blinkers and Warnings), using LED technology to animate a traffic flow warning vehicle.
2. Herpa’s Neue Airbrushpistole ( Herpa’s New Airbrush Gun). Herpa markets their double-action internal-mix pistol airbrush similar to the Aztec. It features six quick-connect sprayheads for different spray widths, and similar paint cups. This article demonstrates the airbrush, Herpa’s brand of paint, and Herpa masking frisket to custom decorate model cars. Herpa also has a compressor for the system.
3. Spezialitäten Aus Europa(The Specialists of Europe), modeler Holm Kämpfer shows his custom detailed trucks and a fine diorama.
4. Spedition At Home (Expediters At Home), the custom livery of freelanced heavy transport company from the young imagination of Dennis Bastl. Heavy transports of different manufacturers custom painted, detailed and decaled.
5. Oldie Oben Ohne (Oldie Goes Topless ), modeler Thomas Rutzenhöfer shows how to chop the top from an Audi coupe’ to make a convertible.
6. Kloiber transporte In 1:87 (Teil IV) (Kloiber Transport in 1/87 (Part IV) ): continuing the story of a Kloiber Transport semidump models.
Hurra, Das Finanzamt Brennt! (Hurray! The Taxs Burn!), a dynamic detailed diorama of fire and medical responders fighting the burning of the tax office. Modeler Nico Bundt equipped his models with LED lighting, impressive scenery, and plenty of action.
NEU VON HERPA
Bei Herpa Bestellt, Vom Händler Geliefert, Herpa online store. This feature includes a question and answer sidebar with Herpa customer service Representative Birgitt Karg.
Finally, a section on book reviews, upcoming events and DER MASS:STAB articles of the next issue, and Herpa Club news:
• Wanted and For sale items, model shows and events calendar, and book reviews.
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here – on Railroad Modeling.