Kit by AFVClub (AF35130). Assembly was quite easy (excepting the lights); I followed the instruction step by step. The LEDs are of 0603 series with a measure of 0,8mm x 1,2 mm. I chose 'warn white' with a voltage of 3,2 V. As I had decided to use 12V-batteries as source of energy, I had to use resistors of 470 Ohm. Mirrors by Echelon which are really their money worth. For painting I took Tamiya-Colors:
- The priming coat is Light Grey.
- Thin pre-shadings with Black-Green and Dark-Green.
- The main color consists of Nato-Green, Partially highlighted with Flat White, Black- and Dark-Green and Flat Green too.
- Filtered with high-thinned Flat Blue and Flat Red approximately 90:10 (in fact coloured thinner).
- Dry brushed with Buff.
- Weathered with Buff, Flat Earth and Desert Yellow as base coats for mixed MIG-pigments Light Dust, White Ashes and Europe Dust.
- The periscopes were painted with a mixture of Clear Blue and Clear Red.
- To simulate some more reflections I applied thinned X-22 (clear) with a drop of Gold Leaf (X-12).
Copyright ©2019 by Marco Sari. Images and/or videos also by copyright holder unless otherwise noted. The views and opinions expressed herein are solely the views and opinions of the authors and/or contributors to this Web site and do not necessarily represent the views and/or opinions of Armorama, KitMaker Network, or Silver Star Enterrpises. All rights reserved. Originally published on: 2008-07-03 00:00:00. Unique Reads: 13348